After manufacturing the packaging items in our C ISO 7 Clean Room, Puig Packaging offers its customers the option of applying external sterilisation treatment. Considering the importance of this process, we have created synergies with leading sterilisation companies in Europe and established the legal links for providing a guaranteed service. The purpose of sterilising containers is to destroy all the micro-organisms present in or on the surface of an object or preparation and guarantee that the product is free from the risks of infection. There are different sterilisation methods:
- Beta radiation: This process is characterised by its low penetration and high dosing speeds. It is an ionised form of energy which functions best when used in low-density products bottled in a uniform way. Electron beam radiation is generally used to modify plastic and other materials in order to change or improve their properties.
- Gamma radiation: Gamma radiation is characterised by a deep level of penetration and low doping rates. It effectively removes micro-organisms from the whole product and its packaging with a slight temperature change.
- Ethylene oxide: This process is applied at a temperature of between 25º C and 55º C, guaranteeing the non-deformation or destruction of the elements to be sterilised. It passes through the membranes of the item’s seals, and in particular, polyethylene film.
We have approved suppliers who provide us with packaging accessories.
We can provide you with the accessory that is most suitable for your packaging.
• Caps , • Spray pumps
• Silica gel plugs, • Dispensing vessels
• Rubber parts for injection products
• Stoppers, • Pipettes
Puig Packaging offers a decoration service for your packaging, using screen printing or sleeves to ensure the best option in accordance with the customer’s needs.
We have a high quality external screen printing service, based on a longstanding relationship of trust and experience, which enables us to offer beneficial conditions for our customers.